CEO/Strength & Conditioning Specialist
For the better part of my life, I have been involved with athletics and some form of strength training. My mother was a powerlifter so I was exposed to the weight-room at a very young age. During High School, I was lucky enough to train at a highly regarded strength and conditioning facility locally where I would later intern and begin to train athletes in a group setting and one on one.
In 2004 I was introduced to the Conjugate System and started delving into the work of Louie Simmons. At this time, I became a Certified Personal Trainer and started training clients while I was still in college. In 2006 I was introduced to CrossFit before joining the military and started making connections between the Conjugate Method and CrossFit.
While I was deployed I started putting the steps in place to open my box when I returned home as well as develop what I thought was the best system for combining aspects of strength and conditioning with CrossFit. In 2011 my wife and I opened our Box, CrossFit 781 in Weymouth, Massachusetts.
For 5 years we ran a successful box in which we were able to help hundreds of athletes reach their goals while staying healthy. From 2013-2016 we were consistently inside of the top 50 in the CrossFit Open, had close to 20 females that could deadlift 300 or more lbs, as well as having an incredibly low injury rate.
Programming has always been my passion so in 2016 my wife and I sold our box to pursue our “perfect days”.
I take the writing of programming for other facilities very seriously. The success and health of your athletes is my number one priority so a countless number of hours goes into programming, planning, continuing my education, and testing programming on a weekly basis. Furthermore, we aim to educate and empower our clients to become more knowledgeable and effective coaches.
I care about your athletes’ success and longevity! I also have a deep appreciation for what it takes to run a great box and love seeing gym owners able to relieve stress and spend more time with their loved ones!
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), NSCA
- Certified Special Strength Coach, Westside Barbell
- BioForce Certified Conditioning Coach (Joel Jamieson)
- CrossFit: Coaches Prep Course (July 2012)
- CrossFit: Level 2 (Nov. 2017)
- CrossFit: Powerlifting
- CrossFit: Movement and Mobility
- CrossFit: Gymnastics
- CrossFit: Anatomy
- Training Think Tank: Exercise Physiology
- Training Think Tank: Energy Systems
- Training Think Tank: Strength Systems
- Columnist, EliteFTS.com
- Contributor, T-Nation.com
- Contributor, DrJohnRusin.com
- Contributor, Thibarmy (Christian Thibadeau)
- 15 years of experience as a Personal Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2,500 hours of coaching group CrossFit classes
- Combat Veteran Operation Enduring Freedom 2010-2011
- Former Owner & Founder of CrossFit 781
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & Criminal Justice, Magna Cum Laude, Curry College 06′
- Masters of Science, Physical Education with Concentration in Strength & Conditioning (S), Bridgewater State University
Join our newsletter
Exclusive content delivered right to your inbox.