CEO & Founder
For the better part of my life, I have been involved with athletics and strength training and conditioning. My mother was a powerlifter so I was exposed to the weight-room at a very young age. During High School, I was lucky enough to train at a highly regarded strength and conditioning facility locally where I would later intern and begin to train athletes in a group setting and one on one. This was when I was introduced to the Conjugate System and started delving into the work of Louie Simmons. In 2006 I was introduced to CrossFit before joining the military and started making connections between the Conjugate Method and CrossFit.
While I was deployed I started putting the steps in place to open my box when I returned home as well as develop what I thought was the best system for combining aspects of strength and conditioning with CrossFit. In 2011 my wife and I opened our Box, CrossFit 781 in Weymouth, Massachusetts.
For 5 years we ran a successful box in which we were able to help hundreds of athletes reach their goals while staying healthy. From 2013-2016 we were consistently inside of the top 50 in the CrossFit Open, had close to 20 females that could deadlift 300 or more lbs, as well as having an incredibly low injury rate.
Before owning a Box I was training athletes as well as programming for individual clients online back in 2005 before “online program design” was really a thing. In 2015, I started Box Programming with the goal of helping CrossFit Boxes to better serve and keep their clients for life! To date, we have more than 20,000 people performing our workouts on a daily basis!
Once I had started programming for other boxes it proved to be a full-time job in which running my own box was not feasbile anymore. Selling our box was an easy decision since programming was my passion. The success and health of my clients’ clients is my number one priority so a countless number of hours goes into programming, planning, continuing my education, and testing programming on a weekly basis. Furthermore, we aim to educate and empower our clients to become more knowledgeable and effective coaches.
Currently, I am working on launching our group program design course/certification, providing great programming and consulting to my clients as well as finishing my Masters of Science Degree. When I’m not working I’m spending time with my wife and two daughters, and soon to be son =)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), NSCA
- Certified Special Strength Coach, Westside Barbell
- BioForce Certified Conditioning Coach (Joel Jamieson)
- CrossFit: Coaches Prep Course (July 2012)
- CrossFit: Level 2 (Nov. 2017)
- CrossFit: Powerlifting
- CrossFit: Movement and Mobility
- CrossFit: Gymnastics
- CrossFit: Anatomy
- Training Think Tank: Exercise Physiology
- Training Think Tank: Energy Systems
- Training Think Tank: Strength Systems
Training Think Tank: Movement Assessment
- Columnist, EliteFTS.com
- Contributor, T-Nation.com
- Contributor, DrJohnRusin.com
- Contributor, Thibarmy (Christian Thibadeau)
- 15 years of experience in the fitness industry
- 2,500 hours of coaching group CrossFit classes
- Combat Veteran Operation Enduring Freedom 2010-2011
- Former Owner & Founder of CrossFit 781
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & Criminal Justice, Magna Cum Laude, Curry College 06′
- Masters of Exercise Science (In progress), Bridgewater State University
- Presenter, National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Join our newsletter
Exclusive content delivered right to your inbox.