MEET THE TEAM
JASON BROWN, CSCS
CEO & Special Strength Coach
For the better part of my life, I have been involved with athletics and some form of strength training. My mother was a powerlifter so I was exposed to the weight-room at a very young age. During High School, I was lucky enough to train at a highly regarded strength and conditioning facility locally where I would later intern and begin to train athletes in a group setting and one on one.
In 2004 I became a Certified Personal Trainer and started training clients while I was in college. At this time I was still going through my own learning and experimenting process as a coach and athlete. In 2006 I was introduced to CrossFit before joining the military and this completed turned everything I learned on its head.
While I was deployed I started putting the steps in place to open my box when I returned home as well as develop what I thought was the best system for combining aspects of strength and conditioning with CrossFit. In 2011 my wife and I opened our Box, CrossFit 781 in Weymouth, Massachusetts.
For 5 years we ran a successful box in which we were able to help hundreds of athletes reach their goals while staying healthy. From 2013-2016 we were consistently inside of the top 50 in the CrossFit Open, had close to 20 females that could deadlift 300 or more lbs, as well as having incredibly low injury rate.
Programming has always been my passion so in 2016 my wife and I sold our box to pursue our “perfect days”.
I take the writing of programming for other facilities very seriously. The success and health of your athletes is my number one priority so a countless number of hours goes into programming, planning, continuing my education, and testing programming on a weekly basis. Furthermore, we aim to educate and empower our clients to become more knowledgeable and effective coaches.
With close to 15 years of Strength and Conditioning experience, I can guarantee with the utmost confidence that you are getting a product that is unlike any other, that is going to get your clients closer to their goals, and that is constantly evolving.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), NSCA
- Certified Special Strength Coach, Westside Barbell
- CrossFit: Coaches Prep Course (July, 2012)
- CrossFit: Level 2 (Nov. 2017)
- CrossFit: Powerlifting
- CrossFit: Movement and Mobility
- CrossFit: Gymnastics
- CrossFit: Anatomy
- Training Think Tank: Exercise Physiology
- Training Think Tank: Energy Systems
- Columnist, EliteFTS.com
- Contributor, T-Nation.com
- Contributor, Metcon Magazine
- 1st Place RPS Power Lifting Meet (Full Power) 198# Raw, October, 2012
- 14 years of experience as a Personal Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2,500 hours of coaching group CrossFit classes
- Combat Veteran Operation Enduring Freedom 2010-2011
- Former Owner & Founder of CrossFit 781
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & Criminal Justice, Magna Cum Laude, Curry College 06′
Power Clean: 325
Clean + Jerk: 335
Push Press: 285
“Cindy” 29 Rounds
Sprint Triathlon 1 hour and 22 minutes
Jenna Curren is a Massachusetts native from a small town on the South Shore. Although she has lived in other states as far away as New Mexico, something about the small town charm of her Scituate hometown always brings her back. Passionate about books and reading from a young age, that passion naturally progressed into a love of writing and grammar (yes, she’s one of those).
Jenna graduated cum laude from Bridgewater State University with a BA in English and a concentration in writing studies and aspires to someday work at a publishing house. Her hobbies include hanging out with her dog and three cats, reading (of course), and re-watching the Harry Potter series at least once a year.
- Bachelor of Arts in English & Literature, Cum Laude, Bridgewater State 17′
Join our newsletter
Exclusive content delivered right to your inbox.